Your eyes are windows that help you to interact with the amazing world. Any kind of irritation affects badly the daily routine of life. Having an itchy eye is quite awkward. It is rarely a serious concern.
The causes behind the itchiness can either be dry eyes or seasonal allergies. Moreover, it can be an infection; something stuck in your eyes, imperfect contact lens and can be eczema.
To overcome from itchiness, there are some reliable remedies that you can try at home easily:
- A cold compress can be beneficial for the itchiness. It has a soothing effect. To do cold compress at home, take cotton and soak the same in cold water. Close your eyes and apply it. As per the requirement, repeat it a number of times as you need. On another side, you can also take a pack of ice and place it. Keep it for one to two minutes and repeat two to three times on a daily basis.
- Take some slices of chilled cucumber in a round shape. Close your eyes and placed the slices. Leave it till it turns warm. Do it one to two times a day. It has soothing and antioxidant properties that help to reduce the itchiness.
- Used tea bags are also beneficial. When your tea is prepared, then don’t throw the tea bags into the garbage. In fact, put it into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and place the chilled tea bags over your eyes. You can use both black and green tea leaves.
- Cold Milk will also act as a cold compress. Take cold milk and dip piece of cotton into it. Close the eyes and place the pad over it. Leave it for 10 minutes and remove.
- Distilled water cleanses your eyes and gives a soothing effect. Wash your itchy eye with running cold water whenever irritation feels.
- Witch Hazel has anti-inflammatory properties. Soak a cotton pad in witch hazel and place it over the closed eyelids. After 10 to 15 minutes, remove the witch hazel.
- Aloe Vera Juice has soothing properties and helps to remove the symptoms of itchiness. Extract aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaf and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Dip cotton in aloe vera gel and leave them for 10-15minutes.
- Castor oil keeps the eyes lubricated. Dip cotton in castor oil and place the cotton on eyes. Leave it for 15 minutes and then, remove the oil by wash.
- Potato can reduce itchiness and swelling. Cut the potato in slices and refrigerate it. Place a slice over the eyes and leave it after 15 minutes.
- Rosewater acts as an astringent. Soak a cotton ball in rose water and place it on your eyelids. Leave it for 20 minutes and then remove.
To prevent eyes from itchiness, protect it from direct sunlight and avoid wearing contact lens. Moreover, drink plenty of water and don’t rub.
Also Read: The Oil That Improves Vision and Removes Cataracts
If itchiness increases day by day even after using remedies, then it is recommended to consult with a doctor.
The post 10 Effective Home Remedies For Itchy Eyes – Causes And Prevention appeared first on Remedies Lore.